2010/10/27

:-) :-) :-)

Hello there! Good seeing you again :-)

I’m in a good mood for some reasons :-)  hehe
Do you want to know why?

Well, I’m gonna tell you!

I had an opportunity to exchange with twenty 15 years old boy students from London, UK. They visited Wakayama in a programme.
Actually I was studying in Oxford last September and am missing UK these days so I was really excited for their visit.
We just got an hour to exchange with them but it was no problem for me. When I met them, it brought me back old memories.

They study Japanese at their school so when I spoke to them in Japanese, they could understand some of what I said. They know many things and spoke well so it was hard to believe that they were still 15 years old.

There was a boy called Jake in the group. He is really friendly and we talked a lot. He seemed to like Japan very much. When I was talking with him, suddenly he turned around. I didn’t know what happened to him, but a few seconds later, he turned to me and said a Japanese word. There was a small dictionary in his hand. Finally I realized that he was looking up a word which he wanted to say to me and how to say it in Japanese. He could tell it in English to me but didn’t do that. I was so glad then.


I’ve met some people who hesitate to communicate with people from different countries because of the language problem. But I think you don’t really have to care about that. If you have a mind that you want to know about them and talk to them, then they will understand you even if you can’t speak well. Just try it.

It was only for an hour that I was with them but I had a great experience.
That’s why I love the international exchange.
That’s why I’m in a good mood :-)


4 件のコメント:

  1. You are mastering this blog.Your blog and photos are so cute^^/...next to my blog!aha

    Mayumi is so cool.You said the good thing.
    I'll try like you!!!

    返信削除
  2. Thanks for your kind comment nobu!
    haha yeh yours is better i suppose ;)

    Now I'm into writing this blog!
    Plz check my page out again :)

    返信削除
  3. Amazing to know that Japanese is one of the most popular languages to learn! In Australia, Japanese is the No.1 language and many students start in primary school. Some university students become quite good at it after 3 years too. I had some students studying Japanese Constitution and others Buddhism! I'm sure those boys are more motivated to learn Japanese more after having such a wonderful experience in Japan. So you are making a great contribution to the world!

    返信削除
  4. Thanks for your comment!
    The high school I went had a sister school in Australia. At the school,most of students study Japanese and really like it. I think it's a so good thing to learn other language when they are young. As for me,because I was very interested in English and had an opportunity to go to Australia fortunatelly,now my life revolves round about the international exchange. I hope these students from Dartford will become like me in the future :)

    返信削除